Friday 22 November 2013

Leaving on a jet plane.

BEDN Day 22 and we're thinking about travel.

I'm going to take a fantasy journey.  It mirrors a journey I have really taken but as I'm not likely to do it again for a while it's a fantasy at the moment.

I arrive at the airport, check in and spend some time in the Sky Lounge before heading to the plane.  I turn left on the plane and settle in for a relaxing flight to my destination.  A short train ride from Pisa airport and I reach my favourite place on earth - Florence.

We spend a few wonderful days walking around the city, drinking coffee in a variety of piazzas, visiting galleries to see the wonderful works of art - I have to see Michelangelo's David and the Brancacci Chapel which houses my favourite frescoes by Masaccio and Filippino Lippi.  We eat at small local restaurants in the back streets behind the railway station and wander through the streets looking for another gelaterie to sample more flavours.

Waking in the morning to the sound of the bells of the Duomo, looking forward to another day in the most perfect city is my ultimate fantasy.  Everything seems better when I'm in Florence so I hope I can return one day soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment