Sunday 10 November 2013

Something Different

Day 10 of BEDN and the topic is Something Different; the suggestions are to blog about something outside your comfort zone.

Well I don't know what to talk about here - I'm not sure my blog has a comfort zone!

So here goes, I'm going to attempt to blog about something techie! 

Several weeks ago my husband said that he'd been thinking I ought to replace my trusty old Nokia with a more modern smart phone.  My face must have blanched because he softened the blow by saying a Blackberry would be low tech enough for me yet propel me into the realms of  smart phones.

I currently have a little Nokia ExpressMusic which I use to listen to music on, surprise surprise.  I rarely use it as a phone - few people know my number apart from some annoying companies who phone up trying to sell me crap (any idea how I block those?)  It does exactly what it says on the tin which suits me fine.  I can take pictures with it - fairly low resolution and it does tend to wash out the colours - but so far that's been OK for me.  However I'm starting to put more pictures on the blog so I'm re-learning how to use our digital camera to get better colour reproduction.


 Now I know very little about Blackberrys - my sister had one at one time and she's less tech savvy than me so they can't be too bad!  I've had a look at a few and this is the nicest - don't ask about features, I'm all about style over substance!


    What do you think?  I'm not sure it counts as a smart phone as it doesn't have a touch screen but I hate touch screens anyway - why do they move so fast?

Or how about this one?


Stylish or what?  The only problem is it loks too high tech for me - loads of buttons that I could press by accident - there are still features on my little Nokia that I've no idea about!

I don't think this counts as a tech blog but it's the best I can manage!  I'm heading back to my comfort zone now - knitting and drinking tea!

2 comments:

  1. I've still no idea what to blog about for today's post!!!
    I haven't got a phone, well tell a lie, I do have an iPhone I bought about 6 months ago and I've used it about twice, I'm terrible! I never text or ring anybody and I'd only forget it if I did have it on me. The hubby has nicked it now!! But I gotta say, the iPhone is very easy to use with simple lay out, I've no idea about the ones you've mentioned though xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly, I think you should skip the BlackBerry and go for a low-end Android if you don't want to spend too much. One of the main points of a smartphone is access to apps that help you do things, organise your time or just pass the time, and BlackBerry just doesn't have this. Try HTC or Samsung :)
    Claire xx
    http://somewhereyonder.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete