Well, it's the first of January & a new year is once again upon us.
Usually I'd have made a raft of resolutions that I'm destined to break/fail at by the end of the first week of January. So this year I decided to do something different.
Several blogs I've read in the past year have included a challenge to accomplish certain things before the writer's next birthday - 30 before 30 as an example. As the next birthday is a large number & I only have 6 months til it arrives I decided this was impractical. So I've come up with a list of things I want to do in the next year. in no particular order they are:
1. Try a new food each month. This can be an ingredient or a complete dish.
2. Read 1 non fiction book a month. I read exclusively fiction & think I should broaden my horizons.
3. Make 1 new garment to wear each month. This can be a sewing or knitting project but as I start lots of things but fail to finish them this will be a good exercise in discipline for me.
4. Write something each week. This may be a blog post, in fact it really should be, or a piece of poetry.
5. Visit the Ashmolean every month. There is so much to see there and I don't do it enough.
6. Revamp the blog. It needs some love & attention so I need to think about how I want it to look.
Seems a bit pants to only have 6 but that's all I could come up with. I'm open to suggestions though!