Monday 19 May 2014

First day of the rest of my blog's life

OK blog, it's just me and you, mano a mano, fight to the death etc.


Well, maybe not to the death but you get my drift.  It's time to sort out this ramshackle blog and set it out on the road to world domination! Or something like that.

I decided that the title of the blog wasn't really very helpful.  After all it wasn't really about Abingdon at all so why would it be called It's Fun  in Abingdon?  I tried to chose something more catchy and in tune with what I want the blog to be.  I'm hoping that it will develop more into a 'me' type blog than a little lost blog in search of a home.

So, drum roll please, here is the new title:

'thoughts of a fifty-something fruit cake'

I want to blog about the things that matter and are important to me.  I've spent a lot of time looking at other blogs and am totally in awe of how organised some people are about their blogging - take a bow youbabymemummy - and I hope that my blogging life will one day be as organised and together as hers.

I also found that there are loads of blogs about being a new mum (wish they had been about when my son was tiny) . As I now have a strapping 25 year old I'm not going to be blogging about bringing up baby.


There are also lots of fashion and beauty blogs.  Well, I've not been that interested in beauty/make-up since i left college and if I bother these days it's only to swipe on some mascara and smear on some lipstick.  Also I don't think the blogosphere is ready for my fashion tips - often when I think I look like the cat's pyjamas I actually look like a dogs' dinner!  I may pop the odd picture of some nice outfit or accessory but I don't think I want to focus on fashion.




So what will I write about? Well, anything of interest or note in the world, what I'm watching or reading, any interesting places I visit and anything else that takes my fancy.  Basically a fifty-something view of life. Feel free to suggest anything you think I might write about - I'm open to sensible suggestions!




2 comments:

  1. This is a big improvement visually. Now you have two blogs, you might considered promoting each on the other. Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will look into the possibility of doing that but I'm still a tech novice so am feeling my way round this blog design lark!

      Delete