Friday 6 March 2015

Word of the Week

It's been a week full of thinking and pondering - either of which could have been my WOTW. However I've decided on something which is the result of all the thinking so my WOTW is


Writing
 
I've long harboured dreams of writing or being a writer. But I've not really done much more than dream. Oh there are files on the hard-drive with 'novels' saved to them but nothing which is finished or polished in any way. So I guess I'm a frustrated wannabe writer.
 
This week I've been thinking about why I want to write and why I've found it so hard to actually do it. Some kind and encouraging comments on previous posts about my writing have convinced me that what I need to do is just write. Seems obvious, doesn't it? Well it's now a lesson (hopefully) learnt so in the next few weeks I intend to write as much as I'm able. Even if it's only 10 minutes of mindless word doodling then I will try to do it. I also have to grasp the nettle and share more of what I write - I tend to clutch my babies to my bosom and fear for their lives if I let them fly. But I think unless I do let them see the light of day I'll never improve or gain any confidence in what I write.
 
So watch out world, I may be writing about you!   

6 comments:

  1. And I bet it won't be as scary as you think either - go for it - and good luck! #wotw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stephanie; I'm also hoping it won't be scary!

      Delete
  2. This is so positive and exciting! If it's what you want to do, then yes, go for it, and share it. Look forward to reading x Thanks for sharing with #WotW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jocelyn. Part of me is really looking forward to it and the other 90% is dreading it!

      Delete