Monday 6 July 2015

The Prompt - Evaluate

I've been doing a lot of evaluation recently so this Prompt came at exactly the right time for a little reflection.

I spent some time evaluating my blog and what I wanted from it. I started this blogging journey many years ago with no clear idea of where I was going. To be honest, I wasn't really sure what blogging was all about when I started. So it felt like the right time to stop and think about the whole idea of blogging - what I wanted to do it for, what I really wanted to blog about and how I could integrate it into my life in a more meaningful way. I was a 'bitty' blogger - sometimes I'd blog several times a week then go for several weeks without thinking about my blog. With some help I have thought deeply about what I want this blog to be and what I want to get out of it. I have re-vamped it to help with the feeling of newness and I'm trying to stick to a posting schedule so I have more structure in my blogging efforts.

As part of the evaluation of my blog I have also been evaluating my lifestyle. While not wanting to label this a lifestyle blog, I am using it as a vessel to re-evaluate my personal lifestyle choices and try to improve my health and fitness. To this end I have signed up for a 6 week health and fitness course at my local gym. I feel that, although I know most of the things I should do to improve my health and fitness, I need some structure to achieve my short term goals - I also need a good talking to and a little light bullying to get me started!

I think that taking the time to evaluate where one is in life is a good and positive thing. It is all too easy to get in a rut, to muddle along. This is all too comfortable and it takes a shake up to reinvigorate things. This is what I hope to get from my re-evaluated blog and from my re-evaluated lifestyle. I'm glad that I took the time to evaluate these two aspects of my life - maybe I'll be brave enough to do the same with other areas soon.  

2 comments:

  1. I think it's so important to take a step back every so often and reflect and re-prioritise. And, I also need structure in my life, otherwise I faff! Good luck with your goals and I look forward to hearing more about them. Thank you so much for sharing with #ThePrompt x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean about faffing - I'm an Olympic standard faffer! Thanks for commenting Sara, hope you enjoy what you read here when you drop by.

      Delete