Friday 21 August 2015

Friday Fitness - Fit 4 Life

This week hasn't been a good one for fitness. I've had some health issues which have meant that I've not been able to get to the gym. I have managed to keep my healthy eating on track so I'm pleased with that. No new numbers to share apart from having lost 3 kg since I started this journey.

I've recently started to go back to Fit 4 Life spin classes. I've always loved these classes. They are different to other spin classes as they're less reliant on standing up for which my knees are always grateful! Helen who runs the class is lovely and supportive; she encourages you to work at your own pace and slowly improve week by week. By gradually increasing the gears on the bike you make the workout harder but there is no pressure to move up until you feel ready. The interval training part of the class improves your cardio fitness and by alternating with recovery periods you feel as if you're working hard but not killing yourself! Helen also has great taste in music so rather than feeling as if you're in a nightclub you feel motivated by the steady beat of the music (Helen also likes to sing-a-long which is nice!)

So here's to a better week next week!   

No comments:

Post a Comment