Sunday 6 March 2016

The Prompt - Silver

Isolated even when among others
Standing tall and stately,
Yielding in the breeze.
The silver birch is prince of trees.

The ghostly silhouette
Straight and fragile in the copse.
Untouchable in its solitary stance.
The silver birch is prince of trees.

Unapproachable and remote
It stands alone and aloof.
Not a trees that invites hugging.
The silver birch is prince of trees.

In autumn it sheds delicate leaves,
In winter clothed in ice white bark,
In spring the freshest green cloaks its branches.
The silver birch is prince of trees.

6 comments:

  1. What beautiful imagery for the prince of trees. Lovely poem, wonderful tribute to nature xx #theprompt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comment, Leigh. When I saw the prompt silver birch trees sprung to mind immediately!

      Delete
  2. How wonderful, silver birch trees inspired my post this week too! I love these trees, and this poem captures their beauty so well. Love it. Thank you so much for sharing with #ThePrompt x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thrilled to see the silver birch on your blog too! They are such evocative trees, aren't they? I'm not sure I did them justice but hey, it was the best at the time!

      Delete
  3. What a great post & tribute to the silver birch. I grew up in a place called Birchwood, you can imagine how many of these beautiful trees there were.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are among my favourite trees, so elegant and beautiful.

      Delete