Friday 13 May 2016

WOTW - Submitting

This week's Word of the Week is submitting. A curious word I admit but bear with me, all will be revealed.

This week I've been submitting some of my writing to various publications. I entered a short story into an competition and I sent out another short story to a few on line publications.  I'm not holding out much hope for either publication or winning but the important thing was to get some of my writing out into the real world.

I'm still not too confident with either my writing or calling myself a writer yet but I felt that it was worth making an attempt this week. As I've been told on more than one occasion nobody ever read anything that's hidden away on a hard drive so I need to start putting my work out there and see how it gets on.

Next week I want to get back to my novel which has been a bit neglected recently. I need to stop obsessing about the quality and just get the first draft written! Wish me luck!

5 comments:

  1. Well done to you. This must be so hard to do, but you are out there, doing it.As you say, you're getting your work out into the world, fabulous. Thanks for sharing with #WotW x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jocelyn. The whole process of being a real writer and submitting work seeems very surreal to me still.

      Delete
  2. Sounds great a great week and a great attitude to have - good luck with the novel #wotw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stephanie! I'm trying to be more positive but I'm a bit of a pessimist by nature so it can be difficult.

      Delete
  3. Seems like a brave thing to do. Enjoy the journey. #WotW

    ReplyDelete