Thursday 1 September 2016

Hello September!

So here it is, September. Arrived at last. I knew it would but even so ...

I have challenged myself to write a short story a week for a year and today is the start of the challenge. I've already decided what I'm going to write about for the first short story so that's one less thing to worry about!


What I need to decide now is what to do with the stories once they're written. Should I keep them safely on the hard drive waiting until I find somewhere to submit them? Should I put them on the blog? What would that mean if I want to submit them? Many things to think about and decide. I don't like making decisions at the best of times so I'm hoping that I can swerve this one for a while.

Again I'm deciding to be more focused and disciplined in my writing. This is an old coat that I'm putting on again but when I do focus and concentrate I surprise myself with what I can produce. So again I promise myself that I'll be more professional and focused and I know that by the beginning of next week I'll be moaning about writers block and scoffing cake!

 So here's to a productive first week of September! And to focus ... and discipline ... and cake ...

No comments:

Post a Comment