Saturday 11 February 2017

The Prompt - Be



Be present in the moment,
Let all things quiet and settle.
Be still and notice
What surrounds you.

I am bad at being still,
i am bad at being quiet.
My minds chatters on and on,
Thoughts rush at me unbidden.

Be still and feel your body,
Sense and feel your breathing.
Be quiet and listen to the Universe.
Appreciate the moment.

My mind whirls, refuses to listen.
The Universe can't get a word in.
I twitch and fidget,
Unable to just 'Be'.

Be quiet and listen for wisdom,
Breathe deeply and just be.
Be present in your body,
Be aware of what you are.

I'm trying, Universe, really trying,
But I'm having difficulty.
How can I listen and breathe deeply
When there is so much more to me?

I don't do meditation.
I don't do sitting still.
I don't do yoga or zen.
I can't just 'be'.
I need to chatter, to interact,
To connect with those around me.
So thank you for the wisdom
But I'll pass on serenity,
Say 'no' to tranquillity,
Ignore just 'being'
And enjoy just being me.



4 comments:

  1. Amusing and sad all at the same time. Look after yourself and sometimes that does require quiet time even if only for a few minutes every day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment. It's important to look after yourself in the way that suits you, isn't it? I'm so rubbish at anything meditative, can't stay calm and focused!

      Delete
  2. I love the alternating verses here, and the differing perspectives. I'm getting better at taking a quiet moment, but we all need to do what works for us! Thank you so much for sharing with #ThePrompt and apologies for late commenting (again!). This time it was the storms - several snow days and then a falling tree branch took out our internet!!

    ReplyDelete